Mid Sussex District council will shortly be making improvements following the public consultation held at the end of last year. Lots of people mentioned that they’d like a facility for bikes, scooters or skateboards. They said they currently use the MUGA but that is only possible until someone wants to use the area for ball games.
We have committed to providing a separate scooter / bike area
- To provide somewhere for children to ride their bikes, scooters and skateboards away from traffic.
- To free up the MUGA to be used for ball sports rather than wheeled sports.
- Surface to be suitable for use all year round.
Now we want to understand, exactly what people want.
Let us know if you’d prefer a large flat surfaced area specifically for wheeled sports or a simple pump track style facility by completing the survey that can be found on the website via this link;
Deadline for responses 30th October 2020
Improvements to the play area will include:
- Improve the surfacing so trip hazards are removed, and all people can move freely around the space.
- Provide a modern climbing unit which offers similar play experiences as the existing unit ie. Opportunity for role play, big slide; but with climbing challenge to cater for older children.
- Separate equipment for toddlers.
- Tree planting for summer shade.
A plan showing the new play equipment for Bolney can be seen here (425kB PDF) . The improved play area should be open by Spring 2021.