Please note that additional information and tips for Covid-19 and the heatwave has been issued by the government.
- Fans should not be used if someone in your home has been confirmed or suspected as having Covid-19, as this could increase the spread of infection
- If no-one in your home has Covid-19 or suspected Covid-19, angle fans away from you to limit the spread of germs. Remember that fans are ineffective in temperatures above 350C and cause increased dehydration
- Paracetamol (and aspirin) may be used to manage COVID-related symptoms but it is recommended that they are not used solely to reduce body temperature. Always consult your pharmacist, GP or NHS 111 for advice
- Keep cool and hydrated by regularly sipping cold water-based drinks and avoid alcohol
- Use sponges or cloths made damp by cold water to help control your temperature
- Close blinds and curtains to help control the temperature of your home
- Check on the wellbeing of vulnerable friends and family who may be shielding or who are isolated. Remember to observe social distancing guidance
The full guidance can be found here.