Bolney Parish Council is a non-political body. The Council meets at 8pm on the third Tuesday of each month in the Rawson Hall.
Councillors must act within the law and abide by an agreed code of conduct. Although the rules and regulations are important, the role of the councillor is much wider than that. They should;
- Represent the interests of parishioners
- Respond to the needs and views of the community
- Suggest ideas for better services or improvements
- Look for ways to find out what is important to the community
- Engage in constructive debate about proposals and help make decisions with the council as a single corporate body
- Work in partnership with MSDC and WSCC, other parishes and service providers to help develop and improve the quality of life and environment in the parish
If you would like to discuss what being a Councillor entails then I can put you in touch with one of the Councillors will be happy to have an informal chat with you, or why not come along to the next Parish Council meeting to see for yourself, on Tuesday 21st January at 8.00pm in the Rawson Hall.
If you care about Bolney and want to help and make a contribution please call or email me for further information and an application form.
We look forward to hearing from you. The closing date is 3rd February 2020.
Parish Clerk: Debbie Thomas; Email: email@example.com; Tel: 01444 230711