The Parish Council is currently looking to co-opt two new members. Bolney Parish Council is a non-political body and meets at 8pm on the third Tuesday of each month in the Rawson Hall.
Councillors must act within the law and abide by an agreed code of conduct. Although the rules and regulations are important, the role of the councillor is much wider than that. They should;
- Represent the interests of parishioners
- Respond to the needs and views of the community
- Suggest ideas for better services or improvements
- Look for ways to find out what is important to the community
- Engage in constructive debate about proposals and help make decisions with the council as a single corporate body
- Work in partnership with MSDC and WSCC, other parishes and service providers to help develop and improve the quality of life and environment in the parish
If you would like to discuss further what being a Councillor entails then an informal chat can be arranged with one of our current Councillors, or come along to a council meeting to see for yourself.
If you care about Bolney and want to make a contribution, please contact the clerk, Debbie Thomas on 01444 230711 or email email@example.com . The closing date is 10th September 2017 and the new councillors will be co-opted at our meeting on 19th September.